ContributorCommunity HistoryDescriptionThe State Theatre was originally named the Lyceum Theatre, and today is known as Astor Theatre.Creator individualPhotographer unknownDate createdc1935Historical details
The Theatre was officially opened on the 5 of November, 1919. Simon Bremner Alexander was the owner and builder of the theatre which he named the Lyceum Theatre. In 1930 it was reinvented and named the State Theatre. In 1941 The theatre changed it's name losing the word 'State' due to a government decree stating that no private company could use the term. The name was changed to the Astor theatre and has continued with that name till this day.
The State Theatre in the 1930s. City of Stirling Art and History Collection, accessed 19/03/2026, https://collections.stirling.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/3425